Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Reflection 2014-2015

As this school year comes to a close tomorrow (Yea!!), I wanted to look back at the professional goals that I set for myself in August (see this post).  My 3 goals were professional development, technology and networking/professional learning community.

Professional Development - I did attend TCEA this year where my brain almost exploded from all the professional development (see this post), but I think I fell a little short of seeking out other professional development opportunities throughout the school year.  I did present two sessions at our Region 20 Resource Round Up in the fall and 2 Twitter sessions (one to other librarians in my district and one to teachers in my school).  I also co-presented a genrefying session to other librarians.

Technology - I received a whole class set of iPads from library bond money this year so I used those A LOT.  My SmartBoard area was under construction as I was transforming my space so that my teaching area will now BE at the SmartBoard.  So this goal will be continued for next year.


Networking and Professional Learning Community - I did MUCH better at blogging this year.  Still not where I want to be, but much better.  I took on Twitter this year and really expanded my PLN and networking abilities.  Twitter is amazing for connecting not only yourself, but students as well.  Through twitter, my students and I found out about opportunities to connect with other libraries via Skype for World Read Aloud Day and Poetry Month.  We also connected with authors and other students in chats on Twitter.  I am loving it and will for sure be looking for more opportunities next year.


My summer goals are to try the #bookaday challenge and blog or tweet about what I am reading, both children and adult books.  I am also trying a summer reading google classroom for my 3rd-5th graders - not sure how that is going to go, but I am hopeful.  And amid the baseball practices, games, tournaments, and strength and conditioning camps, we ARE going to my happy place this year - where I will be assuming THIS position for most of the 8 days we are there!

No comments:

Post a Comment