Thursday, February 19, 2015

Kinder... You gotta love them

I have posted before about my brief moment of panic 6 times every week before each kinder class comes to the library, but I have to admit, they are pretty darn funny.  This week we started our research unit about Jobs in the Community (more about that in a later post) and some of the things they have said are just cracking me up.

In the classroom, they are doing whole class research on animals.  I started off asking one of my kinder classes if they knew what research was.  I was expecting an answer like "It's where you find out stuff" or "when you learn something:".  One cute little guy raised his hand and said, "Its when you learn about babies..." I neverously glanced over at the teacher and her eyes are getting bigger as he finished "and where they live and stuff like that".  I think we both exhaled loudly at the same time. Come to find out their whole class research is about penguins :)

For our research in the library we are going to be researching jobs.  After asking what research is, I ask about the custodians and what they do at our school.  Answers were as expected... clean the tables, empty the trash, mop the floors, etc.  Until one pops out with "Cleans up the PUKE!"  Yes they do!

I also have them turn and talk to a neighbor about what would happen if we did not have custodians at our school.  First of all, if you have never done turn and talk with kinders, it is about the cutest thing ever.  They must do it a bunch in the classroom, because they all turned to the closest person and huddle their heads very close together and really have a conversation.  Asking each other "What would we do without our custodians?"


So as we are listening to these animated discussions we hear things like,,, there would be trash everywhere... our school would be a disaster!... we would have to clean up our own messes! ... and my favorite - there would be LOTS of rats!  So glad we have our custodians :)

Kinder... you gotta love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment